Tuesday 9 June 2015

KOFORIDUA NHWIREN


KOFORIDUA NHWIREN
An angel in the clouds
Raining diamonds
To my heart

A golden bird
In the evergreen thicket 
Feeding my ears
With the soothing song of
Sprinkling nectar

Koforidua flower
The reflection of beauty
In a mirrored heart

Your smile begins
The cold stream that flows
In my blood

Your are the bead
Odomankoma roasted with
His flame of perfection
---Ahwenepa ankasa

Koforidua flower
The black pot that serves
The sweetest palmwine

Your eyes get me
Wandering in the core
Of the wild sun;
I return alive in joy

You are the feminine
Voice of the Atumpan--
That convokes hearts
To the gathering of honey bees

Koforidua flower
You are the whistling
Wind that invites--the melodies
Of longing hearts

An egg is beautiful
More beautiful would it be
If it had the shape of your head

A twin mountain is lovely
Lovelier would it be
If it had the scape of your chest

Koforidua flower
I nod to the drumming of your feet
As danced to by the heap
Of flesh  behind you

The bonniest gourds
Dream your silhouette

©All rights reserved Sarpong Kumankoma

No comments:

Post a Comment