Saturday 1 August 2015

WHAT DID YOU SEE, MAIDENS?

WHAT DID YOU SEE, MAIDENS?

I took a stroll with 

The cloud-dizzied morning

Enjoying fragrant poems

From her uncleaned mouth 


We bypassed the garden 

Of tridax into the grasses 

That welcomed 

With sussurating applause

On the vertex of the right angled-path


I stood listening to the her

Extract verses from

Leaf blades-


My bladder

Pleaded with me to empty 

Its boiling content before

The hospitable bushes . . .


Buried in the melodies 

Of foaming liquid

Urine-reach from my right 

Stood three confused maidens


 It was written on their faces:

"We were only passing by 

We didn't know you would be here 

Doing what you are doing"


Quickly I reimprisoned

The little boy behind the zip

As they walked away

Their hasting steps drummed:

"O Br'er you showed us 

That which was not ours to see"

                   

"Tell me maidens-

Did you see the python 

Crawl out of its burrow?


"Did you see when 

It transmuted into a cobra 

Spitting venom?


"O did you see it crawl 

Back in shame ?"


But where were they to answer?


"Never

Never again 

Will I urinate in the open"


©Sarpong Kumankoma

30.07.15


 Sarpong Kumankoma

30.07.15

No comments:

Post a Comment