Sunday 30 August 2015

XORLALIE

XORLALIE

Xorlalie-
Alone with my scar
In this abandoned cave
Fluting with the
Lifeless breath
Of yesterday

Tunes for
The maggot march
In a rotten rose

Tunes to
The mournful song
Of houseflies
Swarming over
My wounded heart

Xorlalie-
Alone with my scars
In this abandoned cave
Sleeping with my
Head buried in
Yesterday's excreta
Chocking in peppery nightmares

Watching
Pain dig drains on my face
In the dimming of
Love's radiant rays

Xorlalie-
Today's breath
Pipes no tunes about
A stale past
          But
Tunes imploring
The Master Gardener
To clear a new land
And sow on it
A new rose seed

Tunes
That will invite raindrops
To nourish the seed
To flourish

Tunes that will call
Butterflies to draw
A rainbow hallo
Around the mature rose

Xorlalie-
Alone in this abandoned cave
Watching my reflection
Smile  in the mirrored scar

Hearing the drumming
Of feet drawing near

I sing Xorlalie
a Redeemer is around!

©Sarpong Kumankoma
30-08-15


No comments:

Post a Comment