Wednesday 16 September 2015

WEB OF LIES

WEB OF LIES
I'd always remember that walk
The stroll through the park, hand in hand
It was an innocent walk into the devil's lair...
Actually, more like the devil's LIE
He cupped my face in his hands, looked straight into my eyes,
Promised he'd adore me till the end of time
He said he'd make me his Okonore Yaa
He said my teeth sparkled like the morning star,
My lips so soft and sweet. He tasted me
He swore he saw fireflies in my eyes each time I blinked.
My stomach did one thousand churns and the butterflies in there wouldn't stop fluttering
How was I to know he was just flattering....
Me. His words were sweet
His lips were honey.
I tasted both,
I relished the latter.
I inhaled his lies, they were more important to me than oxygen
We went for the ride.
I fell in love with Kweku... My Kweku Ananse

But wait, wait!!!
Don't you wag fingers at her yet.
No, don't you scorn yet
And do save your lofty glances and let me speak
it was not entirely her fault, you know
Everyone was in a relationship.... But her
Besides, Kweku was perfect.

Perfectly imperfect
Because everything he'd ever done was anything but perfect

His web, sister, you forgot his web.
His perfect web.
And his theft.
With three hands he stole your heart, your attention, your dreams, then snatched your pride with the fourth
And  I guess he was perfectly right about the fireflies in your eyes just as you were about the butterflies in your belly
Because he'd caught them both in his web.
His web of lies

07-03-14
©Xorlalie and Kyirba

No comments:

Post a Comment