Wednesday 24 February 2016

LECTURE HALL HALLUCINATIONS

LECTURE HALL HALLUCINATIONS
The rays from her eyes
Have fallen on my face
The walls of the hall are moving away
Night is swallowing day . . .

The roof has turned into clouds
Clouds clad in rainbow banners
There are no more tables and chairs but flowers
The students are but butterflies

There are no stars
There are no moons
But she is that radiance
Blessing the scene with light

The lecturer’s noise has become
Sweet refrains to the boiling verses in my heart . . .
My gaze is glued to her enthroned on gold
I fall on my knees reaching out for a rose
Ready to crawl to her singing:

Goddess of beauty
I have come to worship
Cowries or gold dust, I have none
My heart I offer as a blazing sacrifice
May it be pleasing to you, O Precious One!

But sadly reality revisits
To expose the timid me
When time brings the lecture to an end.

February 22, 2016
Agric LT3
Legon.
© Sarpong Kumankoma

2 comments: