Sunday 21 June 2015

ONE DAY

ONE DAY
(to Sword of Kumankoma)
One day I shall be
An umbrella in your hands---
To provide icy shade
In the midst of a flaming sun
And to be a shield
Against drops of raging rains
I shall remain strong
And firm never to leave your caring grip
I have built you a palace in my heart
One day I shall be your slave
To feed you on my sweat and serve
You with all my muscles and bones
I shall stay forever at your feet--
The abode of love
One day I shall be your
Inseparable Siamese twin
Joined together in the heart
Your family shall be mine
And mine, yours
I shall walk with you in warm daylight
And rest with you in the cold night
One day I shall welcome
The gifts of God from your womb
To  be their guiding rod
And you,  their comfortable bed of solace;
A family built on a rocky foundation
One day I shall be the first
To receive Fathers Day wishes
From your magical tongue
One day..Just one day
21/06/15
Sarpong Kumankoma

1 comment:

  1. Clearing my throat! Just that I won't say much.... Superb! Great job done bro...

    ReplyDelete