Thursday 18 June 2015

ANOTHER LETTER TO MA'AKUA

ANOTHER LETTER TO MA'AKUA
Today I write not your beauty
Beauty is but only
an illusion which plays tricks on naive eyes
the physical deception which enslaves desperate emotions

I write the sweetness which no eyes taste
Of the brewery in your pure heart
I've drank with joy
You ride in a palanquin of humility
carried high above all maidens
Queen of my heart enjoy your ride

So flamboyant your garment
Woven by Otweduampon,
The Master Weaver Himself
embroidered with gold and gem
wisdom garment so bright

Ride on my Queen
Your head gear is of pure gold fibres
Your bangles and bracelets
anklets and necklaces
Are the gold smiles you
wear on your welcoming face
No Mpraeso Goldsmiths can
fashion them

I plead my Queen dance to my heartbeat
A complete ensemble
From frikyiwa to Fontomfrom
playing to the love song
I am singing;

Soon the sleeping sun will rise
I'll be your umbrella
to cover you with the shade of my
love

And When the sun goes back to sleep
your bed, may my bosom be

©Sarpong Kumankoma

1 comment: