Wednesday 17 June 2015

BLUNT MOUTH

Blunt Mouth
My heart has conceived
The fruit of love
But courage has fled my chest
Cowardice has sealed my lips
O' the forbidden message
Cannot roll down my tongue

It is far past the
Destined time to birth this love
But  doubts postpone
It to the future that never comes

O' will I forever live in
A dream that never will
Come through?

This is all I want to say:
Lady, lady,
May I be your pomade
That you smear me on your
Skin everyday?

Lady, lady
May I be your toothbrush?
That I taste your lips
In the sight of every morn

Lady lady
May I be your cover cloth?
That I can taste the honey
Floating in the silent night

Lady, lady
May I be your make-up?
That I can always sing your beauty

O lady, lady
May I be your name?
That I can never be forgotten--
That I can be part of you
And love you through to the grave

©Sarpong Kumankoma

No comments:

Post a Comment