Monday 8 June 2015

ONANANI KWASI

ONANANI KWASI
(the stranger).
You have left an ambivalent
Mark on my heart---
A scar of burning peppers
And relieving ice

You have welded twinges
To tingles in my soul

My mind smells of perfume
And rot when I cogitate
The backwash of your coming

Your footprints are
Scattered on my shores
Deep abysses of destruction
And comfortable beds of solace

Your vessels tore the hymen
Of my virgin seas---
The cry of pain and pleasure
Echoes in my skies;
Consented rape!

You tattooed my face
With kisses of truth and deceit
    Your venomous tongue
Poisoned my ears;
         rectified some blemishes
Of my being

My tears curse you
For the evil you afflicted on
My head--the logical sequel
To my driving you away; sweeping
The path of your departure

My smiles bless you---
I stare at the route of your arrival
Dreaming your second coming

Onanani Kwasi
Why do your fruits  taste
Of dung and of milk?

©all rights reserved Sarpong Kumankoma

No comments:

Post a Comment