Monday 25 May 2015

AND AGE WROTE

AND AGE WROTE.
                        Time Street
                         Futureburg
                         Date: Today
Hello
Pretty Young Lady reading....

I write in the red
Ink of pity
That flows in my heart when
I hear your beauty
Being sung by a million lips
I am on my way
Into your home
Welcome me O
Don't welcome me O
I shall come
                your faithful friend,
                Old-Age

. ***********

MEN-O-PAUSE
I have come to shrink
Your bottom
To scrape off the heap
Of flesh at your back
And mould mounds of it
For your daughters to sit on

I have come
To paint your breasts
With harmattan
They will fly about like
abandoned rags
In a windy afternoon
That your daughter's chest
Can boom with fruits of milk

And to swallow all the eggs
Of your womb
And regurgitate them into
That of your daughter's------

-----I have come to tell
Men O Pause"
That your daughters will
Be the treasure men seek

I have come
To carve on your face
A scare crow
That I can use its debris to
Build men-magnets on your daughters' faces

I have come to dim your eyes
To widen the abyss of your mouth
And fill it with words that stink
To exaggerate your heart to emotions
But It's never my mission
To expose the witch in you
To your ingrate daughters

I have come to
To establish friendship
Between you and death
That you will see him
And smile him welcome

©2014 Sarpong Kumankoma
4th Place Poem
Harmattan Writing Contest by
Akwantuo Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment