Monday 23 November 2015

EVELYN

Evelyn
If I were the ruler of the universe
I would make you a crown
from the star shining brightest
And tailor you a gown
from sapphire and pure gold threads
Your feet would rest on diamonds of best renown
And without your word no sun will rise from the west.
For your face knows not a frown
and your character is as humble as a flightless bird.
And as sure as the world is round
You are the angel sent to guide my step.
May you stand where others fallen
May you walk where others are crawling
May you smile when others are sullen
May you endure all and fear nothing
The Lord will forever be with you
as you have been with me
Love will never depart from you
even as you have loved me
May the Almighty always bless you
and keep you safe for all eternity.
©Sarfo Kantanka

No comments:

Post a Comment