Wednesday 29 July 2015

LUNAE CANTICUM (after a gifted walk)

LUNAE CANTICUM
(after a gifted walk)
Stars have gathered
Around the moon
Singing of her to
The frozen night-
The unheard melodies
Resound in the silent sky
The lyrics flood my
Heart with emotions molten
With embers of love . . .
My head is a pot
Yawning under an undying
Palm that spits spells
In ceaseless flow
I am bewitched-
Trapped in phantasms
I wear a mask of smiles-
(nathan may say it's madness)
   
The insane man
Is the only one that knows
How real his hallucinations are
Love is the one
That made my heart her hut
The hands that opened my skull
The tool that whittled my brain
To form her statue
The night is not alone
In this sleepless journey with stars-
The dreamer dreams his
Love with sleep-forsaken eyes
©Sarpong Kumankoma
29|07|15
9pm- 3:45 am

No comments:

Post a Comment