Friday 20 November 2015

A CHORUS OF FREEDOM

A CHORUS OF FREEDOM
I'll sing a song
A song of freedom
A song that is not defined by circumstances
A song that speaks into the future

A chorus of voices
Voices of many men
Men's destinies
Bound to a common song

A song that breaks shackles
That casts our problems into shambles
A chorus that metamorphoses my burdens
From fiascos into stunning and incredible

An acknowledgment
Of the key given us from the beginning of days
To open and enter
Into our breakthroughs to take possession

Its a song
That has no lyrics
But the hmms and silent groans
Of my people: lamenting over their woes

They wake up each and every morning
Before the noisy cockerel awakes from its slumber
To ponder over their woes of bad luck and failure
And the fantasy of a better day compassed about by the bees

A song that speaks life into the discouraged
That wards away fear from the cowardly
The very one that will sing to sleep
The burdened troubled wife of that poor man

A song of peace
That drives into stillness the roar of conflict
Inflicted by a dart of misunderstanding
Nurtured through the enigmatic conception of hatred and envy
Envy of a good and better life

I'll sing a song
That the akwasi broni himself cannot understand
That will place me on top of my own small world
And catapult me into stability

I'll sing a song
With a still small intonation of blood and gore
Into the ear of Eternity
Placing our problems in His hand

In Him my trust lies
That He'll understand our plight
Share with us these woes and cries
And shed them with the might of His very hand

I'll sing a song
A song of freedom
Into the ear
Of my first love

©Kwame Mensah
Saturday, 07.11.15

Image: FREEDOM COUNSELING CENTER

No comments:

Post a Comment